Illustration and Visual Narrative / Final Task: Self Titled

30.11.2023 - 28.12.2023 (Week 10 - Week 14)
Gunn Joey /  0366122
Illustration and Visual Narrative / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Taylor's University Final Task



JUMPLINK

3. Sketch



FINAL TASK

1. Research

I did some research about self portrait Photoshop ideas on Pinterest. This makes me know where should I start my work clearly. 

Figure 1.1 Examples on Pinterest

Figure 1.2 References


2. Moodboard

Figure 2: Moodboard/References, Rationale, Sketch


3. Sketch

Figure 3: Sketch


4. Digitalisation

The self portrait which I used to create poster.

Figure 4.1: Self portrait

I first crop my portrait to be bigger and focus on the upper part. Then I cut my forehead to make the flower effect.
Figure 4.2: Photoshop flower effect

Figure 4.3: Progression of flower effect in Photoshop

Figure 4.4: Progression of Background in Photoshop

After adding the blank sheet paper as background, I use pen tool to cut the mosaic image in a round shape and add roses. I added three different pink stripes at the bottom.

Figure 4.5: Adding self portrait 

After adding my self portrait with flower effect, I added some elements like clock, wings and luggage.

Figure 4.6: Element added in Photoshop

Then, I use the font that I designed and created in Typography. The title for the poster is "The Light Shine - The Romantic Overthinker".

Figure 4.7: Typography

Figure 4.8: Typography

Figure 4.9: First attempt

Figure 4.10: Second attempt

Mr.Hafiz told me to adjust the size of "The Romantic Overthinker". Make it larger.

Figure 4.11: Final Poster


5. Animation
After digitalising the poster in Photoshop, I started creating animation in After Effects.

Figure 5.1 Progression in After Effects


6. FINAL OUTCOME

Figure 6.1: Final Poster - PNG


Figure 6.2: Final Poster - PDF

Figure 6.3: Final Animation



FEEDBACK

Crop the self portrait to be bigger. Mr.Hafiz said my work looks ok. Maybe "THE ROMANTIC OVERTHINKER" can be made bigger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography / Task 1 : Exercises

Advanced Typography / Task 1: Exercises

Illustration and Visual Narrative / Task 1: Vormator Challenge