Digital Photography and Imaging / Final Task: Self Titled

30.11.2023 - 28.12.2023 (Week 10 - Week 14)
Gunn Joey /  0366122
Digital Photography & Imaging / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Taylor's University Final Task



JUMPLINK

3. Sketch



WEEK 10: 
We learned cutting face to add flower effect in Photoshop. Mr.Martin provided us Google Slides and Youtube video about this topic for us to follow.

Figure 1.1: Progress

Figure 1.2: Final outcome


WEEK 11:
We learned how to make animation using Photoshop. We finished few exercises. We made animation and GIF.

Figure 2.1 Progress

Figure 2.2: Photoshop animation

Figure 2.3: Photoshop animation

Figure 2.4: Photoshop animation

Figure 2.5 Photoshop GIF



WEEK 12:
Besides learning animation using Photoshop, we learned creating animation using After Effect. 

Figure 3.1: After Effects animation

Figure 3.2: After Effects animation

WEEK 13:  Consultation session.

WEEK 14: No class this week.



FINAL PROJECT

1. Research

I did some research about self portrait Photoshop ideas on Pinterest. This makes me know where should I start my work clearly. 

Figure 4.1 Examples on Pinterest

Figure 4.2 References


2. Moodboard

Click here to view Google Slides Idea Development, Design Direction, Execution and Post Production and submission.

Title: The Light Shine - The Romantic Overthinker

Artist Statement:

‘The light shine’ describes me in my everyday life. It represents an ability to illuminate even the darkest corners with optimism.It signifies someone’s joy and kindness. ‘The romantic overthinker’ represents my personality as a dramatic and emotional person. This also represents me as a person who is willing to regularly show how much I adore the object of my affection.


     I chose white paper as background is to express life is like a blank sheet of paper. We create, explore and challenge new things every day. We lead our own life. The three different colours of pink stripes are my favourite colours that fits my personality. Someone who loves pink might be perceived as vibrant, cheerful and perhaps with a touch of romantic in their personality. The preference for pink could suggest an appreciation for beauty, warmth and a positive outlook in life. The flowers effect inside my head signifies that I’m emotional in relationships. The mosaic shape represents I am an imaginative thinker. The clock beside my portrait signifies I enjoy living my life and looking forward to living to the fullest of my life. I appreciate every people and things that happen around me. The luggage represents I love travelling and advocate freedom. The angel wing represents a sense of purity and a supportive person.


      Overall, the purpose of my work is to tell story about my personality. In the process of doing this work, it reminds me that I am a special in the world. Everyone is special in their own way. I hope everyone around me becomes a cheerful person under the influence of my personality.



3. Sketch

Figure 5: Sketch


4. Digitalisation

The self portrait which I used to create poster.

Figure 6.1: Self portrait

I first crop my portrait to be bigger and focus on the upper part. Then I cut my forehead to make the flower effect.
Figure 6.2: Photoshop flower effect

Figure 6.3: Progression in Photoshop

Figure 6.4: Progression of flower effect in Photoshop

Figure 6.5: Progression of Background in Photoshop

After adding the blank sheet paper as background, I use pen tool to cut the mosaic image in a round shape and add roses. I added three different pink stripes at the bottom.

Figure 6.6: Adding self portrait 

After adding my self portrait with flower effect, I added some elements like clock, wings and luggage.

Figure 6.7: Element added in Photoshop

Then, I use the font that I designed and created in Typography. The title for the poster is "The Light Shine - The Romantic Overthinker".

Figure 6.8: Typography

Figure 6.9: Typography

Figure 6.10: First attempt

Figure 6.11: Second attempt

Mr.Hafiz told me to adjust the size of "The Romantic Overthinker". Make it larger.

Figure 6.12: Final Poster


5. Animation
After digitalising the poster in Photoshop, I started creating animation in After Effects.

Figure 7.1 Progression in After Effects


6. FINAL OUTCOME

Figure 8.1: Google Slides

Figure 8.2: Final Poster - JPEG

Figure 8.3: Final Poster - PDF

Figure 8.4: Final Animation



FEEDBACK

Crop the self portrait to be bigger. Show more elements in the background. Mr.Hafiz said my work looks ok. Maybe "THE ROMANTIC OVERTHINKER" can be made bigger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography / Task 1 : Exercises

Advanced Typography / Task 1: Exercises

Illustration and Visual Narrative / Task 1: Vormator Challenge