Digital Photography and Imaging / Project 1

5.10.2023 - 25.10.2023 ( Week 1 - Week 4 )
Gunn Joey / 0366122
Digital Photography and Imaging / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
Taylor's University Project 1



CLASS SUMMARY / LECTURES:

WEEK 1:
Week 1 (25/9/2023) is a public holiday. The first lesson of Digital Photography and Imaging was held on week 2 (5/10/2023).

WEEK 2:
In the first day of class, we introduced ourselves and searched three photoshop artworks from Pinterest to complete the first Google Docs which is given by Mr. Martin. We are required to play the Bezier Game and write descriptions for the three photoshop artworks that we chose.

#1
Figure 1.1: Pinterest artwork

Description: I feel dizzy when I look at this Photoshop artwork. It looks very complicated but I like this colourful artwork.


#2
Figure 1.2: Pinterest artwork

Description: The tears in this Photoshop artwork are combined with sea and beautiful flowers. It's a cool and creative idea.


#3

Figure 1.3 Pinterest artwork

Description: The two faces in this Photoshop artwork look perfectly match as they are both dull and upset. I like the face connected with the girl's hair.

WEEK 3:
We learned about the use of Pen Tool, Lasso Tool and Layering. Mr. Martin also explained to us other tools in Photoshop. We started doing digital collage for Project 1 this week.

Figure 2: Tools in Photoshop


WEEK 4:
We learned Blending Mode, Quick Selection Tool, Colour Correction and Filters by editing Shazam and Hearst Mansion. In the lesson, we followed Mr. Martin's instructions for the following Blending Mode exercises. 

Figure 3: Hearst Mansion Exercise






PROJECT 1

PART 1: Digital Collage (10 marks)

I use the images that provided by Mr.Martin to design my digital collage. After getting Mr.Martin's feedback, he chose this design as my submission for Project 1. At first, the digital collage I design was too simple. Mr.Martin showed me some examples of digital collage by seniors and suggested me to make it more creative and nice.

Figure 4.1: Progress of First Attempt

Figure 4.2: Progress of Second Attempt

Figure 4.3: Progress of Third Attempt

FINAL OUTCOME

Figure 4.4: Final Digital Collage



PART 2: Digital Imaging Exercise 1 (5 marks)

We are required to take a picture of ourselves for the Hearst Mansion project. This is the picture of me which taken outside of the computer lab. I then move my picture into the Hearst Mansion. Mr.Martin told me that me in the picture is too big. I should resize it smaller to fit with the background.

Figure 5.1: Self Portrait

FINAL OUTCOME

Figure 5.2: Final Digital Imaging Exercise 1

PART 2: Digital Imaging Exercise 2 (5 marks)

Mr.Martin provided many black and white portrait. I chose this guy to recolour.

Figure 6.1: B&W portrait

FINAL OUTCOME
Figure 6.2: Final Digital Imaging Exercise 2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Typography / Task 1 : Exercises

Advanced Typography / Task 1: Exercises

Illustration and Visual Narrative / Task 1: Vormator Challenge